Monday, May 2, 2016

Web Comics - Required and Recommended Reading

Required Reading:

HARK! A Vagrant!! - Kate Beaton

            When I stumbled across this web comic I found it really goofy, or rather "derpy". That sketchy silliness is totally up my alley for comedic taste next to politically incorrect humor. 
Each short strip consists of historical references and jokes. One of my favorites out of the ones I had read was a strip of Queen Elizabeth I and her exaggerated wardrobe. Now that’s not exactly what this particular blog is focused on, however I wanted to express my appreciation towards this comic.

Web Comic Recommendations:

Quantum Vibe by Scott Bieser and Zeke Bieser, January 2011

Quantum Vibe is a Sci-fi comic series based in the future during 2523 C.E. While each volume/ chapter follows an individual character and is named after them the story particularly follows main protagonist Nicole Oreseme. She looks to reshape her life after a sudden break up with her boyfriend Philbert. She works with Dr. Seamus O' Murchadha
Together they make studies on "quantum vibremonics" and research further on this scientific process. I’d tell more but I feel as though I would be spoiling too much.

The story has a variety of strong characters. Some of these characters are inspired and based off of real people ranging from politicians to YouTubers. They are mainly drawn in an American-manga-cartoon style of some sort. Many of the early strips are mostly black and white. The more current ones consist of full color pages. If you would like to check out this comic click the link here: http://www.quantumvibe.com/strip?page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment